top of page

Jamie Richards rescues a late point for Tivvy

Tiverton Town got the game underway infront of a crowd of 212 and in the very first minute a good Tivvy move found Niall Thompson but he was flagged offside as he let go with a shot that was going just wide. But with only five minutes gone it was plain to see that Bracknell are a good well drilled side and on nine minutes they took the lead when Lewis Williams saved the first goal bound effort but when the ball fell to Bracknell number eleven Sebastian Bowerman he curled a low shot past Williams in the Tivvy goal to make it 1-0 to the visitors.

Tiverton found themselves penned into their own half as Bracknell went looking for a second goal which they nearly got on thirteen minutes but a well timed tackle from Dylan Jones saved the day for the home side. On a rare Tivvy break they won a corner but the resulting corner was cleared and Bracknell broke quickly but a great blocking tackle from Josh Jones stopped the attack in its tracks.

Tivvy were starting to see more of the ball and a Jordan Lam pass found Kane Simpson in the Bracknell box but he was knocked to the ground as the home crowd called for a penalty but the referee waved away any appeals. Jamie Richards was shown a yellow card for a foul on the edge of the Tivvy box but Bracknell failed to make the most of it and Tivvy cleared their lines.

On thirty-two minutes Tivvy's best chance so far fell to Jordan Lam when he was put through on goal but his low shot across the Bracknell goal went just wide of the far post. Another Tivvy chance saw Dylan Jones beat three defenders only to see his shot saved by Grant in the Bracknell goal. With five minutes left of the half a Louis Morison free kick curled just wide of the visitors goal and the half ended 1-0 to Bracknell. Tiverton started the second half brightly and a Kane Simpson run beat two defenders to get his pass away to Niall Thompson who put in a great cross but there was no one in a yellow shirt on the end of it and the ball was cleared.

Next Jordan Lam went on a jinking run only to see his shot well saved by Grant in the Bracknell goal. Bracknell made a change as they tried to stop the Tivvy pressure with Connor Lynch replacing Jordan Esprit. Tiverton then made a change of their own with Lucas Vowles coming on and Matt Buchan going off. Louis Morison was shown a yellow card for a free kick for a late challenge. With ten minutes left Tivvy took of Dylan Jones and replaced him with Joe Belsten as the home side went looking for the equaliser. With just six minutes remaining Morison was shown his second yellow card of the day and Tiverton were down to ten men for the remaining minutes.

Bracknell made a couple changes as they tried to see the game out as the referee indicated there would be five minutes of added on time but with the last minute of normal time coming to the end a deft back heel flick from Tivvy number five Jamie Richards fooled everyone and found the back of the Bracknell net to make it 1-1. With the game well into added on time a Bracknell attack found them in the Tivvy box but a great saving tackle from Thompson kept them out and the game finished.

Tiverton 1 Bracknell 1

304 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page