top of page

Salisbury F.C vs Tiverton Town | Match Report | 8/03/22

Tiverton went into the game knowing a victory and other results going their way they could move up a couple of places in the league table and clear of the drop zone. It was Tivvy who got the game underway and in the very first minute a Dan Hayfield pass found Joe Belsten but his shot was put out for a corner by Marcus Beauchamp in the Salisbury goal. The resulting corner was cleared but Tivvy kept up the pressure and a couple of minutes later Kyle Egan played in Dan Hayfield who saw his cross deflected out for a Tivvy corner which was dealt with by the Salisbury defence. Tiverton were looking the better of the two teams but on ten minutes a Salisbury breakaway forced Tivvy keeper Lewis Williams into a brave save at the feet of the advancing Salisbury striker. The first yellow card of the night came in the eleventh minute when Salisbury number seven Baggie was booked for a foul.

Tiverton continued to dominate the game and on twenty three minutes a great pass from Louis Morison put Theo Simpson through on goal his first shot was saved by Beauchamp but the rebound fell at the feet of Simpson who tapped it into the net to put Tiverton 1-0 up. The goal seemed to wake up Salisbury a little and they started to make some chances of their own one of which was stopped by Craig Woodman who was shown a yellow card for his tackle. The resulting free kick was put into the Tivvy box but again Williams was out to save at the feet of the Salisbury striker. With three minutes left of the first half Salisbury had their best chance but again Williams was there to make the save and the ball was cleared by Alfie Pond who was having a great game in the Tivvy defence. This was the final action of the half with Tivvy going in 1-0 to the good.

Salisbury made a halftime change with Arnold coming on and Twamley going off in a bid to get back into the game. The first chance of the second half fell to Salisbury number eleven Diaz who shot straight into the arms of Williams for a comfortable save. A good move involving Simpson and Watkins was halted when Watkins was fouled on the edge of the box which saw the Salisbury number six Sommerton go into the refs book. Morison took the free kick which curled just wide of the goal. Salisbury continued to pump the ball up the field but the Tivvy backline of Warren,Pond, Booth and Woodman dealt with everything with ease. On sixty two minutes a Tivvy corner was whipped into the box and was met by the head of Austen Booth to put Tiverton 2-0 up. Salisbury made another change bringing on Knowles for Roberts in a bid to find a way back into the game. Louis Morison was then shown a yellow card for kicking the ball away.

On seventy four minutes a long range effort from Morison was well saved as Tivvy looked to finish the game off. Tiverton made their first change of the night with Watkins being replaced by Jordan Lam and within a couple of minutes Lam had made it 3-0 after a great run and pass from Simpson found him unmarked in the Salisbury box and he tapped the ball beyond Beauchamp for Tivvys third goal of the evening. With time running out Tiverton made a couple more changes with Jacob Evans replacing Kyle Egan and Heon Jin replacing Theo Simpson. The ref indicated there would be seven minutes of added on time which Tivvy controlled and the ref still found time to make one more booking when Tivvys Evans was shown a yellow card. A very good battling performance from Tiverton that saw them move up two places in the league table.

Final score Salisbury 0 Tiverton 3

172 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page