top of page

Tivvy are held to a draw on the opening day by Harrow

With very hot conditions and a bone hard pitch, this was never going to be a classic but Tiverton started brightly and on seven minutes a Louis Morison curler was tipped around the post by the Harrow Borough keeper for a corner. From the resulting corner, Kai Fisher headed just over the bar. Tivvy was looking the stronger of the two teams and on eleven minutes a great pass from Tom Purrington put Niall Thompson through on goal but his shot was blocked by the Harrow keeper. Harrow's first real chance came on seventeen minutes when they were awarded a free kick on the edge of the Tivvy box. The ball was floated into the Tivvy box with Lewis Williams punching the ball clear for a Harrow throw-in. The ball was sent back into the Tivvy box but the resulting shot went high and wide but Harrow were having more of the ball and was getting a foothold in the game.

Tiverton were forced into a change on twenty-five minutes when Matt Britton went off injured to be replaced by Jordan Lam. Kane Simpson found a way through the Harrow defence but his shot was saved by the keeper but his clearance fell to Dylan Jones who put the ball back into the Harrow box but again the Harrow keeper was there to save the ball. Another Tivvy attack saw Morison put the ball into the visitors box which Simpson coming in at the far post couldn't quite get on the end of it. On forty-two minutes Thompson had the ball in the Harrow net but the goal was ruled out for offside. Deep in added on time at the end of the half Josh Jones had a great chance to put Tivvy in the lead but his header went straight into the keepers' hands and the half ended 0-0.

Harrow got the second half underway and were awarded an early free kick which forced Williams in the Tivvy goal into another save. Tivvys first chance of the second half came from a Morison free kick which found the head of Fisher but his effort went just wide of the goal. Next up was a Morison shot from the edge of the box with the keeper well beaten the ball went inches wide of the post.

Another Tivvy attack again saw Fisher head just wide of the goal. Tiverton made a couple of changes as they went looking for a winner bringing on Lucas Vowles and Joe Belsten who replaced Dylan Jones and Kai Fisher. Tom Purrington saw his shot cleared off the line as Tivvy went close to breaking the deadlock. Harrow then went on the attack and very nearly took the lead with a long-range effort which Williams turned around the post. The ref indicated that there would be five minutes of added time but neither side could find a winner and the game finished

Tiverton Town 0-0 Harrow Borough

314 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


our partners

bottom of page