top of page

Tivvy score 4 against Yate

This was the first of at least two games between Tiverton and Yate that would be played in the space of a week. They meet each other again on Saturday in the FA Cup at Yate and if that game was to finish in a draw then it would be three games in a week.

It was Yate who got the game underway and had a couple of early chances that went wide of the Tivvy goal. But on five minutes Tivvy number two Joe Belsten was fouled and from the resulting free kick which was taken by Alfie Moulden the ball found the head of Tivvy captain Jamie Richards who's looping header went over Horsell in the Yate goal to give Tiverton a 1-0 lead.

Tivvy continued to pressure the Yate

goal but on sixteen minutes a Yate attack found Brandon Smalley unmarked in the Tivvy box but his little flick went just over the

Tiverton bar and out for a goal kick. Tiverton went straight up the other end and a Niall Thompson cross just needed the faintest of

touches to put the ball over the goalline but it eluded everyone and went out of play for a Yate goal kick. A minute later and a Louis

Morison free kick also just needed a touch to find the back of the Yate net but again the chance went begging.

On forty five minutes Tivvy paid the price for their missed chances when Yate scored with

the last attack of the half and the teams went in level at 1-1. Tiverton started the second half brightly and a long range effort from Alfie

Moulden went just wide of the target. Next it was a Tom Purrington effort that went close for Tiverton as they looked to regain the lead

and on fifty five minutes they were back in front when the Yate defender missed judged his header and the ball fell to Jordan Lam

who put Tiverton 2-1 up.

Tivvy nearly got another when a Louis Morison pass found Kane Simpson who's first time shot was well saved by Yate keeper Horsell but the ball rebounded out to Alfie Moulden but he couldn't keep his shot down and it sailed over the bar. Tiverton made a change with Matt Buchan replacing Kane Simpson as they looked to finish the game off. A Tivvy short corner taken by Moulden found Morison but his shot was blocked and cleared away up field.

On seventy seven minutes Dylan Jones

replaced Jordan Lam and within a minuteMatt Buchan cut into the Yate box and his shot was well saved but it rebounded to Niall Thompson who smashed it into the net to put Tiverton 3-1 up. Tivvy made their final change with Lucas Vowles replacing Tom Purrington.

Vowles first touch of the ball found him in a shooting position but his low shot accross the box beat the keeper but hit the post and was

cleared away by the Yate defence. The referee indicated that there would four minutes of added on time and Yate went on the attack

and pulled one back to make the score 3-2 and the Tivvy crowd were looking worried but they had no need to worry as up popped Dylan Jones to score for Tivvy with the last kick of the match to make the final score

Tiverton 4-2 Yate

Att 247

282 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page