top of page

Tiverton Town vs Hayes & Yeading FC Report

What an advert this game was for non league football and to be honest at times you would have thought it was Tiverton Town who were unbeaten in the league and Hayes were the team sitting in a mid table position. Tivvy went on the attack straight from the start. A move down the line involving Craig Woodman who's pass found Dan Hayfield who put Nelson Iseguan through and his cross fizzed across the box and struck a Hayes defender which led to a early penalty

appeal by the Tivvy fans but the referee wasn't interested and waved play on.

On four minutes Tivvy were awarded a free kick out near the corner flag which was taken by Hayfield but his kick blasted into the one man wall and was cleared away. Tivvy had their opponents pinned in their own half and another good move saw Iseguans shot saved by

Dickinson in the Hayes goal. On ten minutes Hayes had their first real attack but they were stopped in their tracks by the offside flag. Another Tivvy attack involved a great one two between Shephard and Iseguan but the cross was put out for a Tivvy corner. The resulting corner was cleared by the visitors. In the twelfth minute kyle Egan stormed down the line and cut inside leaving the defender stranded his cross was met by Jordan Lam who's low shot was saved by Dickinson in the visitors goal. Tiverton continued to pile on the pressure and Lam played the ball to Shephard who returned the ball back to him in the box and the tackle from the Hayes defender left him on the floor which led to another penalty shout from the home fans but again the referee waved play on. In the sixteenth minute Tivvy were awarded a free kick which Woodman floated into the box and found the head of Gary Warren who's header was tipped over by the visiting keeper. Another corner which was cleared away by the Hayes defence. The visitors went on a rare break but a great saving tackle from Warren stopped them in their tracks.On twenty minutes a Kyle Egan shot went narrowly wide of the goal. Nelson Iseguan was fouled and Tivvy had a free kick out near the corner flag. The kick was taken by Hayfield who went for goal curling his shot towards the top corner but a fingertip save from Dickinson kept the ball out and he collided with the goalpost for his troubles but luckily he was not hurt.

With twenty five minutes gone Hayes started to see more of the ball and started to create chances of their own and they had their first corner of the match on thirty minutes. The corner was cleared by the fist of Tivvy keeper Lewis Williams. The visitors continued to see more of the ball and a quick break saw Emmanuel fire into the side netting much to the relief of the Tivvy faithful. A Hayes free kick taken by Rowe was flicked on in the Tivvy box but Williams was out

quickly to gather the ball. Another chance fell to the visitors on the stroke of halftime but again Williams was at hand to save the ball. A great first half came to a end with no goals but lots of talking points.

The second half was only a minute old when Tivvy were awarded a penalty for a foul in the box. Then an off the ball incident saw Hayes player Omar Rowe sent off. Up stepped Louis Morison to take the spot kick but a brilliant save by Dickinson denied Tivvy the lead. Tivvy started to use the space that was now available due to the sending off and had several chances but could not break down the Hayes defence. On fifty six minutes another off the ball incident saw a Tivvy player knocked to the floor but this time the referee decided it was not worthy of a red card.

Both teams were now creating chance after chance with both keepers pulling off some great saves. The game was halted while Tivvy defender Alfie Pond received treatment. Once the game

restarted it went straight back to the same pattern of end to end attacks. Aaron Dawson received a yellow card in the seventy fourth minute for a late Challenge. Seventy seven minutes gone and both teams made a substitution with Tivvy replacing Iseguan with Koszela and Hayes replacing Shulton with Connors. Four minutes later and Tivvy brought on Matt Wright for Jordan Lam in a bid to find the winning goal.

Eighty seven minutes gone and a very late tackle from Amartey resulted in the Hayes player only receiving a yellow card. With just four minutes left Tivvy brought on Joe Belsten to replace Chris

Shephard in one last roll of the dice. Both teams had chances in the four added on minutes but neither team could find a way through and a really entertaining game of football which was a great credit to both clubs

The Game ended Tiverton Town 0 Hayes & Yeading United 0

113 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page